Your baby is special and we want to do everything to ensure that! According to the AAPD, your infant’s first visit to a pediatric dentist office should occur at twelve months or six months after the first tooth has erupted. An infant dental examination at Floss Boss Pediatric Dentistry consists of the following:
- A thorough examination of your child’s mouth.
- Assessing the risk of development of any disease or decay.
- Educating the parents about types of toothbrushes, toothpastes, flossing, mouthwash, and teething tips, etc. (these are just a few!)
- Providing anticipatory guidance associated with oral development.
- Assessments and treatment of habits like thumb sucking, fingernail biting, prolonged pacifier use.
- Reinforcement of preventive care at home.
- Evaluation for tongue and lip ties.
- Tips of bottle uses, ad libdum breatfeeding, when to switch to sippy cups, etc.
The primary focus during this exam is two-fold. One is to provide comfort and care to your infant. More importantly, we want to provide parents with as much information as we can to ensure parental comfort with the future dental visits. Our team is caring, friendly, and is specially trained to work with small children. Dr. Sanghavi is a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist with expertise in infant dentistry.
What do we do differently for our infants?
Floss Boss offers a unique baby room. We understand that children need extra care and attention during a dental visit and this quiet room if for our little patients and their parents so they can ask all the questions as needed. We also plan to work with speech therapists and lactation consultants to once a month to help provide wholesome care for your baby.
Come check out our baby room at 6 Sand Hill Road, Suite 203 in Flemington NJ. We cannot wait to meet you and your little one!