Routine Cleanings, Exams, and Fluoride Treatment
Regular dental cleanings are very important for your children. It is a crucial part of your child’s preventive oral health. During a typical dental cleaning session, one of our providers, will clean their teeth and evaluate the mouth for cavities, growth and the soft tissue for any infection. We will evaluate for missing or extra teeth, an orthodontic evaluate for crowding and spacing, and check the growth of the jaws.
Routine dental cleanings will include discussing your child’s diet and oral hygiene habits. We will demonstrate the right ways of brushing and flossing and also give you some effective tips on how to prevent oral trauma. At the end, based on your child’s diagnosis, we may recommend topical fluoride treatment.
Fluoride is an effective mineral that helps prevent tooth decay by making teeth resistant to acids attacks from plaque-causing bacteria. It also helps to reverse the early signs of decay. Fluoride is generally present in different foods and water. We may also recommend getting a fluoride treatment based on your child’s risk of getting a cavity.
What are the benefits of fluoride treatment?
- It protects your enamel.
- It helps remineralize teeth, making them stronger.
- It helps in the prevention of tooth decay and cavities.
Preparation for a Routine Visit:
- Carefully plan the time of your child’s dental appointment. Choose a time when your child is rested, at ease, and is most likely to cooperate.
- You would have to be positive. Do not associate any negative words with the visit, like hurt, pain, etc. When you are at ease, your child will feel comfortable.
- Always encourage your child to share their worries, issues, etc., that they might have while visiting the dentist’s office.
For any comments, questions or concerns, please contact our office by phone or email. You can also send us a text!