Pediatric tooth extraction can be defined as the surgical removal of your child’s primary tooth. Your child might need to undergo extraction of their tooth for multiple reasons. See below.
When does your child need a tooth extraction?
Your child might need to undergo a tooth extraction in the following cases:
- Decay- baby teeth are more prone to decay as they have thinner enamel compared to adult teeth. Also, cavities can form if proper oral hygiene is not maintained. Untreated cavities can lead to serious conditions and infect the neighboring teeth. Extraction of primary teeth can save the situation and prevent damage to the permanent tooth bud.
- Trauma or injury- Your child’s permanent teeth can get damaged due to trauma or injury. If your child’s dental injury is severe, it may need an extraction.
- Gum disease- inflammation of gingival tissues can cause swelling and bleeding gums. If left untreated, this can cause periodontal diseases, which are serious oral conditions that might infect gums and jawbones. In such cases, the treatment might involve tooth extractions. HOWEVER, this is extremely rare in children.
- Impacted wisdom teeth- If your child shows early signs of impacted wisdom teeth, pediatric dentists might suggest tooth extraction to prevent further impaction or damage to adjacent teeth.
Benefits of tooth extraction
- Relives from pain caused due to tooth decay
- It eliminates the problem from the roots and reduces the chance of future issues
- The procedure saves your remaining teeth from getting infected
- 100% success rate to remove the infection from your child’s tooth
Getting tooth extraction for your child in Flemington, NJ
If your child is suffering from any of the above issues, contact us at Floss Boss. Dr. Sanghavi is a board-certified pediatric dentist who will thoroughly check your child’s oral health and decide the best treatment solution for them. Contact us at (908) 751-0770 today!