Your Child’s First Visit
When is the right time to take your child for their first dentist visit? The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends that your child’s first dentist visit should be by 12 months or six months after the child’s first primary teeth erupts, whichever is earlier. The first visit includes oral hygiene education and anticipatory guidance. At Floss Boss Pediatric Dentistry, our pediatric dentist, Dr. Sanghavi will give you information on the following topics:
- Feeding practices to follow for infants.
- Cleaning instructions (i.e. toothbrushing, toothpaste amount, fluoride requirements, etc.)
- Pacifier or thumbsucking habits.
- Teething symptoms and guidance.
- Evaluation for tongue ties.
- Dental caries, stages of dental decay.
Why do you need the first dental visit?
Your child’s first visit is to help you and your child get accustomed to a new dental home. Floss Boss offers a special baby room with rocking chairs and a quiet area. We understand that small infants and children need extra care and attention during a dental visit, and our team will do everything to make your child comfortable.
The visit will include a thorough oral examination to check for tongue ties, lip ties, dental caries, growth of the jaw, and discuss good oral habits. We will then complete their first cleaning and fluoride treatment/ radiographs, if necessary. However, every child is special and every child is unique; hence, we cater to each of our little patients in a customized way.
Benefits of taking your child to a pediatric specialist.
Taking your child to a pediatric specialist, helps ensure your child has the most unique and wonderful experience. Because we have experience working with children. Our office in Flemington, NJ offers:
- Experienced pediatric dentist, who takes care of your child in a friendly environment.
- We offer all-around treatment from prevention to hospital dentistry.
- We also offer emergency treatment in case of sudden pain or accidents.
- We recognize the early signs of orthodontic issues and refer/ correct them accordingly.
If you are looking for a new pediatric dentist in Flemington, NJ, contact us at Floss Boss Pediatric Dentistry! We are committed to taking utmost care of your child’s dental health. Email us at [email protected] or call us at 908-751-0770.